East Walnut Hills
Founded in 1867, East Walnut Hills is a thriving residential and business neighborhood with many preserved or revived historic homes. East Walnut Hills has recently been a popular area for development, including the revival of DeSales Corner, historically Cincinnati’s second most prominent business district. East Walnut Hills is home to the historic Saint Francis De Sales Catholic Church, which features the largest swinging bell ever cast in the United States .
Historic homes in East Walnut Hills are known for their multi-acre plots of land and unusual depth from the property line at the houses’ faces. These homes feature Tudor and Colonial Revival, Italiante, Gothic, and Queen Anne Victorian architecture; most were constructed between 1880 and 1930. Prices range from $100,000 to $1,300,000.
East Walnut Hills is convenient to downtown, the O’Bryonville business district, and the University of Cincinnati campus, as well as Interstate 71.
East Walnut Hills Association
Fisher House by Lucian Plympton
Pittman House by Pitman
Woodburn, The John Baker House by James Key Wilson